You are here:
Determining the research institution scientific productivity. The activity experience
Rakhimova N. M.
Bibliosphere. 2016. № 3. P. 60–64.
Publication activity, citation, impact factor, Hirsch index (h) are indicators defining scientific productivity of
a research institution. The study objective is to analyze scientific productivity of «TatNIPIneft» institute. The author solves the following task: to create the Institute profile in the Russian Science Citation Index (RISC), to analyze bibliographical references in petroleum-targeted periodicals for 2009–2013, to identify trends of publication activity and citation dynamics in RISC, to determine an average number of citations per an article. To accomplish this it was revised the list of published works by the Institute and its staff in RISC, downloaded as PDF collections of scientific papers and monographs of the Institute employees, calculated an average number of citations per an article. The periodical, in which the Institute employees publish their articles were chosen, references were analyzed, the most productive authors and citation geography were revealed, the Institute publication activity and citation dynamics
in RISC were discussed. The study allowed raising the Hirsch index in RISC, to create the Institute image in the international information space. It also revealed a downward trend of publications in periodicals. The publication activity analysis results allowed us to estimate the scientific potential of the Institute and to promote the ad¬ministrative decisions adoption in the field of the Institute scientific productivity raise.
Keywords: citation frequency of scientific papers, bibliographical references, publication activity, citation average number.
1. Anikeeva O. Scientific citation index as a characteristic of scientists research activity. Vestnik Stavropol’skogo gosu-darstvennogo universiteta, 2009, 65, 5–11.
2. Arefyev P. G. Publication activity, opportunities for scien-tific product growth and traditional Russian question «What to do?». Universitetskaya kniga, 2013, Oct., 49–55.
3. Markusova V. A., Krylova T. A., Libkin A. N., Zinovy-
eva N. V., Minledi L. E. Bibliometric data on Russian Fe¬deral and National Universities in Web of Science database. Nauchno-tekhnicheskaya informatsiya. Seriya 1. Organiza¬tsiya i metodika informatsionnoi raboty, 2013, 2, 24–37.
4. Garfild Yu. Is it possible to identify and evaluate scientific achievements and scientific productivity? Vestnik Akademii nauk SSSR, 1982, 7, 42–50.
5. Egorov V. S. A bibliographical reference in information support services. Nauchno-tekhnicheskaya informatsiya. Seriya 1. Organizatsiya i metodika informatsionnoi raboty, 2014, 12, 29–38.
6. Rakhimova N. M. Statistical analysis of publication activity of a scientific research institute. Nauchno-tekhnicheskaya informatsiya. Seriya 1. Organizatsiya i metodika informa¬tsionnoi raboty, 2013, 10, 26–30.